Saturday 4 October 2008

Winslow Homer Light on the Sea painting

Winslow Homer Light on the Sea paintingWinslow Homer Kissing the Moon paintingAndrew Atroshenko Before the Dance painting
you’re alone. I’m sorry, but there it is.’
‘Is that necessary?’

‘I gather very necessary. You may or may not have heard, Sebastian had another outbreak as soon as he got back to England. He was lost over Christmas. Mr Samgrass only found him yesterday evening.’
‘I guessed something of the kind had happened. Are you sure this is the best way of dealing with it?’
‘It’s my mother’s way. Will you have a cocktail, now that he’s gone upstairs?’
‘It would choke me.’
I was always given the room I had on my first visit; it was next to Sebastian’s, and we shared what had once been a dressing-room and had been changed to a bathroom twenty years back by the substitution for the bed, of a deep

No comments:

Blog Archive