Wednesday 25 March 2009

Mark Rothko White over Red

Mark Rothko White over RedPaul Klee Red BridgePaul Klee Red And White DomesPaul Klee Fire in the EveningPaul Klee Farbtafel
was after this,’ said the man, patting the package under his arm. It rang like a gong. ‘Wouldn’t have done him any good, though.’
‘Not worth anything?’ said Victor.
‘Priceless.’
‘That’s all right, then,’ said Victor.
The man ’ he said. ‘Moving pictures?’
‘Yes.’
‘Everyone wants to be in moving pictures!’
‘No, thanks,’ said Victor, politely. ‘I’m sure it’s a worthwhile job, but moving pictures doesn’t sound very interesting to me.’ gave up trying to reach across both of Victor’s shoulders, which were quite broad, and settled for just one of them. ‘But a lot of people would be disappointed,’ he said. ‘Now, look. You stand well. Good profile. Listen, lad, how would you like to be in moving pictures?’ ‘Er,’ said Victor. ‘No. I don’t think so.’ The man gaped at him. ‘You did hear what I said, didn’t you?
‘I’m talking about moving pictures!’
‘Yes,’ said Victor mildly. ‘I heard you.’

No comments:

Blog Archive